12 Sep 2016
27 Jun 2016
08 Mar 2016Youtube Video
14 Oct 2015Youtube Video
12 Dec 2016
We’re looking for a talented Financial Controller to manage our Portuguese subsidiary's finances. During the first six months this role will also include replacing our Lisbon office Operations Manager who will be on maternity leave. This is a multi-faceted and hands-on operational role. The candidate should have a strong background in both accounting and financial management, and an eagerness to embrace the challenges of a rapidly growing business.
As part of your job you will:
- Oversee and manage financial transactions, accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Produce monthly management account.
- Liaise with our London based Legal, Finance and Admin team.
- Manage our relationships with finance providers: accountants, banks, brokers, cards and foreign exchange.
- Help prepare our quarterly budgets.
- Oversee payroll and other financial commitments.
- During the first six months handle all logistical and HR aspects of running our Lisbon office.
The ideal person:
- Is a qualified chartered or management accountant.
- Has excellent attention to detail, numeracy, analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Has excellent administrative and communication skills, both written and oral (fluent in Portuguese and English).
- Has a positive and flexible attitude with a drive to both personal and business success.
- Is interested in working with a high-profile, fast-growing, VC-backed, slightly chaotic business.
You will be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
You will also get a stock options plan, health insurance and free fruit. :)
12 Dec 2016
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Copywriter to own and further develop the Seedrs tone of voice and grammar, ensuring consistency and a customer-centric focus.
In this role you will write original content, rewrite existing content, and proofread long and short form content; always ensuring consistency across marketing, technical and product communications. If you love words and visceral, evocative communications you'll be in the right place. At the core of the position are the tasks of researching, writing and editing content, and creating and enforcing approval processes.
We are looking for someone with excellent grammar, attention to detail, creativity, precision of language and emotive storytelling. The ideal candidate would have experience writing for financial services products and services, and is adept at writing engaging communications with compliance in mind.
Although you'll need to show initiative and independent enthusiasm, team work will also be integral. You'll work with like-minded colleagues to prepare and proof-read brochures and other print collateral, transactional and marketing emails, website copy, digital and offline advertising, as well as short form copy in the Seedrs product itself.
Performing a key role within the Marketing team and wider business you will be responsible for drafting and proofreading communications and content that supports the strategic goals of the business.
Ensuring a consistent tone and writing style of content and internal copy, drafting various forms of marketing and product copy.
Developing processes for drafting, editing and approval of copy across the business, as well as suggesting best practice methods for the team.
Ensuring copy complies with regulatory requirements, and maintains a fine balance between being engaging and technically precise.
Have experience writing for financial services business(es), preferably with experience in the regulated space.
Have experience writing marketing content for a brand with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Are passionate about developing a consistent tone of voice and engaging communications across a growing business.
Have a portfolio of examples you’ve written and edited, including: long- and short-form copy, online and offline content, technical and marketing content, and in various formats (blog, email, website, brochure, whitepaper, etc).
Are awesome. We are looking for a clever, diligent, hard-working, empathetic and pleasant person who adds loads of value to our team and business.
Are adaptable and self-motivated. You also have the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines
A degree or the equivalent in marketing, journalism, or creative writing is required, and a minimum of two year's experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in at least one European language is a plus.